Hi, I'm Luca and I'm vegan!
When you look for "vegan comfort food", you often get lists of recipes. But sometimes, you just want vegan foods things that are easy to buy and eat.
So I thought I'd share the easy vegan foods I love!
1. Whether it's cold out, the middle of summer, lunch, or dinner – this Shin Ramyun never disappoints. And it's even better when you add quick ingredients like tofu to it!
2. I wish I found Gochujang earlier in life. I add it to pretty much anything I cook, including the ramen above.
3. I wouldn't say potato waffles are underrated, but I don't think we appreciate just how many toppings work on these Birds Eye ones. Beans, meat substitutes, chilli – pretty much anything you want will work!
4. Remember those Quorn nuggets that taste just like McDonald's? Remember that they aren't vegan? Well, these Birdseye Chicken-Free Dippers have you covered.
6. Applewood Smokey Vegan Cheese is the only vegan cheese that I can eat over and over again. Whether sliced or as a block, if you're anything like me, it'll be eaten within a day.
7. I always hear people debating what their fave vegan sausages are, and mine are the Richmond Meat-Free Sausages. I really can't tell the difference between these and real meat!
8. Baxters Jackfruit, Three Bean & Chipotle Chilli Soup is the most perfect winter lunch for me. The tasty, chunky ingredients are perfect for when you fancy something warming on a cold day!
9. I haven't spent more money on any other food item than I have on Original Pringles, the most moreish crisp out there.
10. These Quorn Buffalo Wings are easily my new favourite Quorn product. You can cut them up into strips for a salad or pasta dish!
11. I would buy Ashoka Matar Panner Tofu in bulk at university because it's so healthy, very filling, and most importantly – tasty. When you can't be bothered to make rice, just have it with any bread!
12. Artisan Nut Roast is easier to make than stuffing and it tastes incredible. It's deceptively filling, so you can always put the leftovers in a sandwich!
13. Laoganma Chilli Oil is just perfection in a jar. What I love are the variations you can get of it, such as chilli oil with black beans, or crispy tofu. Whether it's on toast or in a cooking sauce, you can't go wrong with having a few jars of these in your cupboard!
14. If you're in need of a little pick me up, you can make Orzo pasta and just add a simple broth. It's easy to make and it's very cosy!
15. Whether they’re in a milkshake, part of a cake recipe, or just being eaten straight out the packet, bless the Oreo.
16. If you don't like Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough Ice Cream, then IDK what to say! It's often on sale too, which is a good thing for us
17. These Gü Free From Chocolate and Vanilla Cheesecake pots are so rich, they hit the spot if you're craving a luxury desert.
18. When I don't have time to stop for a whole meal, I remember I have these Belvita Chocolate Hazelnut Soft Bake Breakfast Biscuits. You can get a blueberry one as well!
19. Oatly Deluxe Chocolate Drink is the perfect vegan treat, mostly because it's just a more chocolatey version of the original one!
20. Nature's Store Hazelnut and Cocoa Spread tastes exactly like everyone's favourite classic non-vegan chocolatey spread. See if you can find someone who could tell the difference!
21. Biscoff Originals, Biscoff spread, Biscoff Creams – all of them! I don't think you need any more convincing at this point.
22. My bestie – shoutout to Amy – introduced me to this astoundingly thick and tasty Cameo Classic Ciobar hot chocolate. As an Italian, I’m shocked that I hadn't tried this out sooner, and I haven’t tasted better hot chocolate since.
23. Sesame Snaps are always perfect for a snack. Each little pack has three of them, which is more than enough to satisfy my sweet and savoury cravings. Also, spread some of that hazelnut spread on one and thank me later!
We would love to know what your comfort vegan foods are in the comments, I know there're many out there that we all need!
Some Images used in the thumbnail were sourced from Getty Images