Old electronics can always be reused to some degree, especially ones that are still completely functioning.
If you have any of these old electronics lying around the house, here’s how you can use them.
3. 1. When we buy a new TV, we always wonder, “What do we do with the old one?” Well, you can always use it as a computer monitor.
Think about it – watching all the movies you like and playing all the games you like on a bigger screen!
Here’s what you can do:
5. Look at what kind of connections your TV and your computer/laptop have. For example, if both devices support HDMI, then you can get an HDMI cable.
Sometimes though, you have to make compromises. There are cables such as DVI to VGA adapters. Just make sure you’re buying the right connector so you don’t waste your money.
6. 2. Before you throw away that old laptop of yours though, there’s still some life left in it – a lot, in fact.
One of the best ways to make use of your old laptop is to turn it into a router.
Wi – Fi is definitely one of the best things in this world, but it suddenly becomes an annoyance if you move too far away from the source. You might have to go to the living room, instead of doing your homework in your bedroom.
9. 3. Turn Your iPhone Into a Keyboard and Mouse Combo
Each iPhone Apple releases keeps getting better and better, no doubt. Of course, you’re tempted to buy the new one. You might want to sell your iPhone to save some cash for a new one, but why do that? Just turn your old iPhone into something useful!
All that touchscreen technology isn’t just for the phone’s screen. You can use it to control other devices too. All you need to do is download the app called Remote Mouse. What’s great about this app is that it is optimized not just for the iPhone, but the iPad and iPod Touch as well.
With Remote Mouse, you can control your Mac or Windows computer with ease. Just follow the app’s setup instructions and you’ll be able to control your computer wirelessly in no time! You can even view your computer’s desktop icons right on your iPhone’s screen. How cool is that?
If you have these three devices at home, then you can make good use of them instead of just throwing them away. You could sell your old gadgets, but what good would that do, especially if your stuff is beat up? These suggestions would be much more effective.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders clashed on immigration, Obama, and Kissinger (!) in Thursday's Democratic debate. Here's a recap 🇺🇸
- World leaders have agreed to a "cessation of hostilities" in Syria, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said.
- NYPD Officer Peter Liang was found guilty of manslaughter in the 2014 shooting of Akai Gurley, an unarmed black man.