2. The Twilight Zone
Episode: “Treehouse of Horror IV”
Air date: October 28, 1993
The Simpsons may have parodied The Twilight Zone more than any other series, so here’s one notable example: “Terror at 5 1/2 Feet” is a very clear parody of “Nightmare at 20,000 Feet,” with some shots duplicated perfectly.
Episode: “Who Shot Mr. Burns?”
Air dates: May 21, 1995 and September 17, 1995
The Simpsons pulled a Dallas and ended Season 6 with the attempted murder of one of its notorious characters, then solved it the following season premiere. The “Who shot Mr. Burns?” promotional campaign was a direct link to “Who shot J.R.?”
8. The Brady Bunch Variety Hour
Episode: “The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase”
Air date: May 11, 1997
Like The Brady Bunch, The Simpsons got a musical variety hour spin-off — at least, it did in this “what if” episode. And, as was the case with Jan, Lisa opted out and found herself replaced with someone significantly different.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- At least 59 people were killed in an overnight militant attack at a police center in Quetta, Pakistani officials say.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏