11. Manic Mailman (“The Simpsons”)
Little is known about the Itchy & Scratchy character Manic Mailman, aside from the fact that he’s a rip-off of the USPS’s Mr. Zip. Still holding out hope for a spin-off!
10. Agent K (“Men in Black II”)
Even retired Men in Black agents need day jobs. For Agent K, that meant donning a postal worker outfit and delivering letters. Thankfully, he’s back to protecting Earth from intergalactic invaders.
9. Mr. Wilson (“Dennis the Menace”)
Don’t worry too much about Mr. Wilson — he’s already retired. At this point, all he really has to worry about is Dennis sending him to an early grave. Kids, amirite?
8. The Postman (“The Postman”)
The titular Postman isn’t really out of work, since he lives in a post-apocalyptic wasteland already. Fun fact: The Postman takes place in 2013. Was this 1997 movie predicting the end of Saturday service?
7. Herman Post (“Garfield”)
Poor Herman Post: fated into his profession by a surname he didn’t choose, and then forced to contend with Garfield, the absolute worst cat any mail carrier has ever encountered.
5. Mario Ruoppolo (“Il Postino”)
Mario won’t miss Saturday service: he’s Italian, his only customer is Pablo Neruda, and he lives in the ’50s. Nevertheless, he’s a noble mail carrier and belongs on this list — and in our hearts.
4. Willie Lumpkin (“The Fantastic Four”)
Willie Lumpkin began life as a simple comic strip mailman, but he was thrust into the world of comic book adventure when he began bringing letters to the Fantastic Four. Those guys get a ton of fan mail.
2. Newman (“Seinfeld”)
What a poor reflection on the mail carrier profession. Despite taking pride in his work, Newman is terrible at his job, even withholding mail for his own nefarious schemes. Shame.
1. Cliff Clavin (“Cheers”)
Cliff isn’t just a postal worker: he’s also a Jeopardy! contestant and a Cheers regular. Do all mail carriers spend this much time in bars? Ah, well — when it comes to fictional mailmen, he’s everyone’s favorite example.
- Some of Donald Trump's diehard supporters say they have mixed feelings about watching — much less paying for — Trump TV.
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- A powerful magnitude-6.1 earthquake struck Italy Wednesday night, hours after a smaller magnitude-5.5 quake struck the same region.
- Facebook keeps promoting fake news. Experts say its trending algorithm can't stop it—and it could get worse ❌📰