1. The Strain: Gabriel Bolivar loses a penis.
And then he just…flushes it? Because I guess what else are you supposed to do? Listen, this entire series is gory and revolting. Rest assured, there are way more gross-out moments to come.
3. Hannibal: Mason Verger eats his own nose.
That is, of course, after feeding scraps of his face to a dog. Fans of the Hannibal Lecter book series and films knew this moment was coming, but seeing Mason Verger (Michael Pitt) graphically self-mutilate was (sorry) tough to swallow.
4. Breaking Bad: A partially dissolved body falls through the ceiling.
See, this is why you always follow Walt’s (Bryan Cranston) instructions carefully. Now you have to deal with a bloody mess and a giant hole in the ceiling.
5. The X-Files: The doctor gives himself a face peel.
So many gross things happened over the years on The X-Files, but the Season 4 episode “Sanguinarium” — which also involves a patient getting her face burned off with acid — is definitely one of the goriest.
6. True Blood: Russell Edgington interrupts a broadcast.
Just as humans and vampires are trying to learn how to live together, one bad vampire apple has to come and spoil things for the bunch. Russell Edgington (Denis O’Hare) isn’t here to make friends — he’s here to rip out a news anchor’s spine on live TV.
8. Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Xander loses an eye.
Amazingly enough, the Scoobies emerge from Buffy’s final season relatively unscathed. Except for poor Xander (Nicholas Brendon), who has his left eye gouged out by Caleb (Nathan Fillion).
11. Supernatural: Sam loses a fingernail.
OK, maybe not the most graphic thing to ever happen on Supernatural, but THIS WAS A CHRISTMAS EPISODE. There was no way to prepare for the cringe-inducing violence. Just try looking at this image without squirming.
13. American Horror Story: Kyle’s disembodied parts
Although technically those limbs don’t all belong to Kyle (Evan Peters). Once they’re all stitched together, though, he’ll be something approaching human again! And hopefully that will help mentally erase this horrifying image.
14. Penny Dreadful: Frankenstein’s first monster rips through his second.
Call it sibling rivalry, or just call it totally gross. But this shocker at the end of Penny Dreadful’s second episode was hard to watch on multiple levels.
What gory TV moment is still haunting your dreams? Add it in the comments!
- Top Mexican soccer player Alan Pulido has been kidnapped outside of his hometown in Tamaulipas, a high-crime state.
- Yep. Marco Rubio said he's sorry for implying Donald Trump has a small penis.
- Lights have turned Australia's most iconic buildings into seriously psychedelic works of art.