14. Chase Porter (Wes Craven’s New Nightmare)
The scariest thing about Chase’s death is that it looks like Freddy’s hand is going for his crotch. But even when it’s clear that’s not the case, it’s still a frightening reminder to not fall asleep behind the wheel.
13. Carlos (Freddy’s Dead: The Final Nightmare)
Let’s be clear: the giant Q-tip through the ear should have killed him. Still, there’s something fiendishly great about the way it actually happens, with Freddy’s chalkboard scraping abrasive enough to make Carlos’ head explode.
12. Nancy Thompson (Dream Warriors)
While the circumstances of Nancy’s death aren’t particularly inventive, the fact that she dies is kind of a big deal. Remember that she was the first film’s Final Girl, which should guarantee survival. Also, hasn’t she suffered enough?
9. Coach Schneider (Freddy’s Revenge)
Look, male nudity for a change! All of Freddy’s Revenge is a queer subversion of classic horror tropes, and the murder of Coach Schneider in the gym showers is particularly homoerotic. But was it Freddy or Jesse who did the deed?
1. Glen Lantz (A Nightmare on Elm Street)
And here it is: the ultimate Nightmare on Elm Street death. It’s hard to forget the endless fountain of blood, or Glen’s struggle as he’s pulled inside his bed. Not knowing exactly how he bites it just adds to the anxiety.
- More than 35 people have died in a suicide bombing attack on Istanbul's international airport, Turkish officials said.
- German leader Angela Merkel said the UK can't expect to keep privileges once it leaves the EU.
- More athletes — nearly all of them golfers — have pulled out of the Rio Olympics over Zika virus concerns.