Freddy Krueger's Top 18 Kills In The "Nightmare On Elm Street" Series
No slasher villain has ever come close to Freddy's creativity. To celebrate Robert Englund's birthday, let's look back at some of Krueger's most memorable murders. WARNING: Ample gore and mild nudity.
18. Mark Grey (The Dream Child)
It's one of the least gory deaths of the series, but it's also one of the strangest. The two-dimensional drawings in black-and-white give Mark's death the feel of a really dark A-ha music video.
17. Spencer (Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare)
It was only a matter of time before Freddy stepped into the world of video games. Yes, the graphics are sub-par, but let's not forget this was the early '90s. (See also: the presence of Breckin Meyer.)
16. Kerry (Freddy's Revenge)
There's ambiguity to this scene — as in the first film, it's unclear if Kerry's death is actually happening or just a final scare for the audience. Either way, it's effective, like the hand in Carrie but way grosser.
15. Joey Peterson (The Dream Master)
14. Chase Porter (Wes Craven's New Nightmare)
13. Carlos (Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare)
12. Nancy Thompson (Dream Warriors)
11. Sheila Kopecky (The Dream Master)
As an asthmatic, there's not much scarier than losing the ability to breathe. The fact that Sheila has to make out with Freddy first is an added indignity. He is way too fond of using his tongue.
10. Julie (Wes Craven's New Nightmare)
9. Coach Schneider (Freddy's Revenge)
8. Phillip Anderson (Dream Warriors)
7. Debbie Stevens (The Dream Master)
Everything about this sequence is gross: from Debbie losing her limbs and becoming a cockroach to Freddy squeezing her bug guts out. You could call it "Kafkaesque," or you could just call it "nauseating."
6. Jennifer Caulfield (Dream Warriors)
Jennifer's final moments feature a cameo from Zsa Zsa Gabor, and frankly, we should all be so lucky. Freddy as TV is another distressing visual, especially for those of us who spend a lot of time glued to our sets.
5. Tina Gray (A Nightmare on Elm Street)
Tina's death is classic — the kind of horror movie moment that made the first Nightmare on Elm Street an instant classic. While not as gory as subsequent murders, it still holds up remarkably well.
4. Taryn White (Dream Warriors)
What's scarier than drug abuse? I'll tell you what: needles for fingers and track marks literally crying out for smack. Taryn's forced OD is one of Freddy's most disturbing (and visually arresting) kills.
3. Greta Gibson (The Dream Child)
Like so many of his murders, this one is darkly comedic. But Greta's chipmunk cheeks, however silly on their own, are really tough to handle in the context of her being force-fed by a deranged Freddy.