1. “Circle of Life” from “The Lion King” in Zulu
The Lion King is the only Disney movie that’s been fully translated into an African language. But “Circle of Life” already had some Zulu words in it, so it’s kind of cheating.
2. “Be Our Guest” from “Beauty and the Beast” in French
3. “A Whole New World” from “Aladdin” in Arabic
4. “I’m Wishing/One Song” from “Snow White” in German
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs takes place in a fairy-tale kingdom of indeterminate origin. Since the original story is German, though, it’s safe to say this is what Snow White should be singing.
5. “I Won’t Say I’m in Love” from “Hercules” in Greek
Feel free to point out that this should be in Ancient Greek. I’ll point out that you’re a nerd.
6. “Reflection” from “Mulan” in Mandarin Chinese
7. “Out There” from “The Hunchback of Notre Dame” in French
In French, this is basically Les Miz.
8. “When You Wish Upon a Star” from “Pinocchio” in Italian
9. “Part Of Your World” from “The Little Mermaid” in Danish
Like Snow White, The Little Mermaid could take place anywhere. But Hans Christian Andersen wrote the story in Danish, and everyone knows that’s what mermaids speak.
10. “Everybody Wants to Be a Cat” from “The Aristocats” in French
- US Republicans are working overnight trying to finalize a deal that'd allow their Obamacare replacement plan to pass in the House.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for the London attack through its news agency, calling the assailant its "soldier."
- A Russian former MP and Putin critic was shot and killed outside an upscale hotel in Ukraine Thursday.
- A 4-month-old golden retriever named after Joe Biden got to meet and even lick the former vice president at the Capitol today 🐶❤️