1. “Circle of Life” from “The Lion King” in Zulu
The Lion King is the only Disney movie that’s been fully translated into an African language. But “Circle of Life” already had some Zulu words in it, so it’s kind of cheating.
2. “Be Our Guest” from “Beauty and the Beast” in French
3. “A Whole New World” from “Aladdin” in Arabic
4. “I’m Wishing/One Song” from “Snow White” in German
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs takes place in a fairy-tale kingdom of indeterminate origin. Since the original story is German, though, it’s safe to say this is what Snow White should be singing.
5. “I Won’t Say I’m in Love” from “Hercules” in Greek
Feel free to point out that this should be in Ancient Greek. I’ll point out that you’re a nerd.
6. “Reflection” from “Mulan” in Mandarin Chinese
7. “Out There” from “The Hunchback of Notre Dame” in French
In French, this is basically Les Miz.
8. “When You Wish Upon a Star” from “Pinocchio” in Italian
9. “Part Of Your World” from “The Little Mermaid” in Danish
Like Snow White, The Little Mermaid could take place anywhere. But Hans Christian Andersen wrote the story in Danish, and everyone knows that’s what mermaids speak.
10. “Everybody Wants to Be a Cat” from “The Aristocats” in French
- Criticized previously for not forcefully speaking out, Donald Trump condemned anti-Semitism after bomb threats were reported at 11 Jewish centers.
- Milo Yiannopoulos has resigned from Breitbart News after he was accused of defending pedophilia in an old video.
- President Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new national security adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- West Elm pulled the Peggy Couch from its site after years of scathing customer reviews and complaints of buttons popping off 🙈