4. Expectation: Find a spectacular summer job because I’m educated.
Of course, I’m still looking for a full-time real job (*cough,cough* Here’s my LinkedIn), but in the meantime I need to make some extra cash. I just graduated from a top university, this shouldn’t be very hard, right?
11. Reality: What other experiences could you possibly need from me?
I’m officially starting a protest against any job requiring 10-20 years of experience from being called “entry-level”. I went to college and did countless internships, what else do I have to experience for you people? Then you start being labeled as “over-qualified” and everything is completely downhill from there.
13. Reality: I feel like a stranger in my own home.
While living in your own apartment you buy all the things you like and know where to find everything. Now I’m home and spent all afternoon looking for a chicken breast to cook (which I never found), cilantro to season with (which I never found), my handy sponge-on-a-soap-stick to clean with (which we don’t own), and I found out we don’t have ANY WINE! WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?
17. Reality: “Is it getting hot in here? I can’t breathe. I DON’T KNOW WHERE MY LIFE IS GOING.”
I’m actually getting fairly skilled at realizing when a panic attack may creep up on me and have learned to just start thinking of something else short term. Mostly food. “I really wonder what I’m going to do with my life….buuuuut not as much as I wonder what I’m having for dinner!”
19. Reality: I spend all day doing exactly this….while trying desperately to find a job and get out of my parent’s house.
Technically I’ve only been home from college for two full days, but I don’t see this lifestyle changing anytime soon. Give or take the constant job hunting, the daily article writing, and the desire to move out ASAP. This is paradise?
- The Republican health care bill is all but dead after President Trump asked Speaker Paul Ryan to scrap a vote when it was clear it wouldn't pass.
- Paul Ryan was forced to admit that "Obamacare is the law of the land" after the failure of the Republican health care bill.
- It's time for Ivanka Trump to "stand for women" against Republican health care policies, says Planned Parenthood president Cecile Richards.
- Donald Trump had a photo op in a semitruck. The photos were too good not to become a meme — and the internet delivered 🚛👍