1. Let's face it: Acne sucks.
2. Not only is it incredibly painful, it's hard to keep your spirits up during a bad breakout.
3. You become so fixated on your pimples that you're convinced they're all anyone notices about you.
4. And you'd give anything for the ability to turn invisible when things get really bad.
5. You have to resist the urge to scream whenever someone complains about their nonexistent pimple.
6. You've probably tried everything on the market to no avail.
7. But you still get your hopes up whenever your dermatologist prescribes something new.
8. People love to offer you unsolicited advice on how to treat it, but most of the time their suggestions are crap.
9. And there's always that one person who urges you to try Proactiv — as if you haven't already.
10. No two days are the same. Sometimes you'll be #blessed and wake up to clear skin...
11. ...and others, you'll look in the mirror and see one hundred red bumps staring back at you.
12. People seem to think that you don't know how to wash your face.
13. When in reality, you have an intense skincare regimen that you go through twice a day.
14. And it's insanely annoying when you realize that most people with perfect skin don't have to jump through all those hoops.
15. Trying to resist the urge to pick at your face is a constant battle.
16. And once you give in, you immediately regret it.
17. At this point, you know more about concealer than most Sephora employees do.
18. And you honestly can't remember the last time you left the house without dabbing on at least a bit of cover-up.
19. It's a scientific fact that your breakout will hit at the exact moment you have something important to do.
20. Seriously, it's like your zits have ESP or something.
21. It often feels like your face is taunting you.
22. In fact, your pimples have become like a clingy ex who won't leave you alone.
23. As a teenager, everyone claimed you'd stop getting pimples by the time you became an adult.
24. But you now you realize that's a blatant lie. Your acne doesn't care how old you are, all it cares about is making your life a living hell.
25. And so yes, struggling with acne is tough...
26. ...but at the end of the day, always remember that you're so much more than the marks on your face.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!