The other day, redditor u/Poutcheki asked the internet, "What is a random thing that reveals a lot about a person?" People shared subtle things people do or say that tell A LOT about their character, and you'll want to take notes.
Here are some of the most eye-opening responses:
1. "Whether they will do something that will help something else without directly benefiting them. This can be everything from returning the shopping cart, to picking up trash they walk past, or helping out a stranger. I think it shows real character."
2. "How a person walks. Do they walk fast or slow, with confidence or nervously, straight or crooked, aggressive/forceful or passive/relaxed or without a care in the world? Are they trying to look a certain way or are they just being who they are? You can tell a lot about a person just by how they walk."
3. "I like to see how people organize their cards, armies, pawns, or whatever when they're playing a board game. Do they just chuck them on the table, do they sort them by size, or do they put them all neatly in a row? It just shows how people see and categorize the world around them and how they keep track of things."
5. "You can learn a lot about a person by seeing their house or living space — also by how they treat your home or belongings if they are a guest."
6. "If they're willing to stand up for themselves or let people/situations walk all over them."
9. "Their political views and how they approach them. Like, the way they disclose it, their arguments that lead to their standing (whatever it is), and how they handle debating reveals a lot."
11. "How they act when things don't go their way (like getting a flat tire, etc.). It shows you how they problem solve."
"Also, how they respond when they're at the airport and their flight is delayed or canceled. How they treat a gate agent or other airline staff tells all."
14. "How open they are to eating other types of food from other cuisines. People who only eat one type of food are generally very stringent and not as easy-going or open-minded as the person who is open to trying out all types of food. It honestly reveals a lot."
15. "Whether they talk about themselves, only the other person, or a balance of both."
16. "How they dress and how they have fun with people. Like, how someone acts when they're casually hanging out with their friends tells a lot about them."
17. "What they do with their trash. Do they separate it, do they pick it up when a small bit falls on the floor, etc.? Also, how/if they return trays at food court with trash."
Verrrry interesting. What are some other subtle things that can actually reveal A LOT about a person? Let us know in the comments below!
Note: Some responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.