19 People Shared Something Good That Happened To Them This Week, And I’m Crying Happy Tears
We love to see it.
1. "My grandma’s nursing home posted photos of residents with messages to their families."
2. "I was desperately trying to find toilet paper to buy for my grandpa and grandma who have dementia, and a Walmart employee gave me the last four-pack."
"Even though the employee didn’t know who it was for, it felt good to know that people are willing to help — even through something as small as this. So, thank you, kind stranger."
3. "I work three jobs to get through college and help provide for my family, and I’d already spent the majority of my money last week on some emergencies. During the second shift at my restaurant job, Chrissy Teigen and John Legend came in with a group and gave a generous tip. It definitely made my week!"
(FYI, this happened before the shelter-in-place order went out this week.)
4. "I work in home care, and my client's wife passed away three years ago, and he's understandably still grieving. After one of our usual chats, he told me, 'Thanks for listening. It actually made my day.'"
"Little did he know, my dad had recently had his fourth stroke, and I'm not able to see him due to coronavirus precautions. So, strangely enough, hearing my client say that made me feel valid. I was able to make someone happy, which made me feel better."
5. "I’m working from home, and I’m the only caretaker for my 2-year-old daughter and my 9-month-old son. It’s been incredibly challenging, but today my son said his first word: ‘Mama.’”
"I'm usually at work for 10 hours a day. If I had been there, I would have missed it."
6. "I'm a barber, and I earn commission at a small local shop. It's been stressful since small businesses are closing their doors, and I won't make money unless we're open and busy. As my last customer was leaving, he wrote me a check and said, 'I hope it gets better for you.' He had written me a check for $50 after getting a $16 haircut. I burst into tears."
7. "I got promoted to lieutenant commander in the Navy! I'm the first woman in the command to rank this high."
8. “I was told that my dog only had a short time to live, but after two weeks, she’s still wagging her tail, playing with sticks, and chomping on carrots! Every day we get to spend with her is a blessing.”
9. "I work in a non-clinical healthcare role as a receptionist, and someone genuinely thanked me for being here."
"Normally, I don't expect to have the same recognition as other healthcare workers, so it made me happy to see someone acknowledge all employees — especially during the coronavirus outbreak."