1. Canada is the World's Most Educated Country: over half its residents have college degrees!
2. Canada's lowest recorded temperature was -81.4 degrees Fahrenheit (-63 C) in 1947!!!
3. When flights got diverted or grounded during 9/11, Canada housed, fed, and sheltered over 33,000 passengers!!!
4. Canada has the third largest oil reserves of any country in the world after Saudi Arabia and Venezuela!
5. Canada has more lakes than the rest of the world's lakes combined!
6. Santa is Canadian!!! Every Christmas, 1 million letters are addressed to Santa Claus at his own postal code: "H0H 0H0, North Pole, Canada."
7. Canada has no weapons of mass destruction since 1984 and has signed treaties repudiating their possession.
8. The U.S. / Canada Border is the longest international border in the world and it lacks military defense.
9. Americans have invaded Canada twice, in 1775 and 1812. They lost both times :D
10. One of the thirteen articles in the 1781 U.S. Articles of Confederation states that if Canada wants to be admitted into the U.S., it will automatically be accepted!!!
11. Large parts of Canada have less gravity than the rest of Earth. The phenomenon was discovered in the 1960s!
12. Canada has the largest coastline in the world!
13. With 1,896 km (1,178 mi), the Yonge Street in Canada, is the longest street in the world!
14. Canada consumes the most doughnuts and has the most doughnut shops per capita of any country in the world.
15. "Canada" is an Iroquoian language word meaning "Village"
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!