Simon Ostrovsky (right) next to a Pro-Russian gunman at a seized police station in the eastern Ukraine town of Slovyansk. This photo was taken Sunday.
2. Updated — 1:49 p.m. ET
3. Vice reporter Simon Ostrovsky was taken hostage by separatists while he was working in Slovyansk earlier this week. He tweeted Thursday that he is safe.
4. Vice posted the following statement:
VICE News is delighted to confirm that our colleague and friend Simon Ostrovsky has been safely released and is in good health. We would like to thank everyone for their support during this difficult time. Out of respect for Simon and his family’s privacy, we have no further statement at this time.
5. A Radio-Canada journalist tweeted Ostrovsky is with him.
- The Trump administration is reportedly considering a set of policies to prosecute parents who illegally enter the US with their children.
- Norma McCorvey, the woman behind the landmark 1973 Supreme Court case, Roe v. Wade, has died in Texas at 69.
- Mark Sanford held a town hall on Saturday that he organized with Indivisible, a group dedicated to holding members of Congress' feet to the fire.
- Donald Glover has been cast as Simba in Disney's remake of "The Lion King."