2. Ford spoke Monday about the departures.
“I want to inform you that George Christopoulos and Isaac Ransom have decided to go into a different avenue, or down a different avenue,” Ford said, according to a transcript posted by the Toronto Star. “I wish them the best of luck in their future endeavours and I want to thank them for working hard in this office and that’s it.”
4. On Twitter Monday, Towhey praised the two aides who quit.
.@georgeTdot Christopolous & @IsaacRansom: 2 outstanding, honest & honorable professionals for whom I have enormous respect.
5. Meanwhile, according to reports, Toronto police detectives have interviewed a senior member of Ford’s staff in relation to the crack allegations.
When Ford was asked about the report on Monday he said, “Everything’s fine. I have no idea what the police are investigating. It’s better that you talk to the police about that.”
6. Ford continues to deny ever using crack.
“I do not use crack cocaine, nor am I an addict of crack cocaine,” Ford said on Friday. “As for a video, I cannot comment on a video that I have never seen, or does not exist.”
- A dozen people are in critical condition after a car plowed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police say.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. Yesterday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Tom Perez has been named chair of the Democratic National Committee. He was Obama's Labor Secretary.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, who fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱