2. Ford spoke Monday about the departures.
“I want to inform you that George Christopoulos and Isaac Ransom have decided to go into a different avenue, or down a different avenue,” Ford said, according to a transcript posted by the Toronto Star. “I wish them the best of luck in their future endeavours and I want to thank them for working hard in this office and that’s it.”
4. On Twitter Monday, Towhey praised the two aides who quit.
.@georgeTdot Christopolous & @IsaacRansom: 2 outstanding, honest & honorable professionals for whom I have enormous respect.
5. Meanwhile, according to reports, Toronto police detectives have interviewed a senior member of Ford’s staff in relation to the crack allegations.
When Ford was asked about the report on Monday he said, “Everything’s fine. I have no idea what the police are investigating. It’s better that you talk to the police about that.”
6. Ford continues to deny ever using crack.
“I do not use crack cocaine, nor am I an addict of crack cocaine,” Ford said on Friday. “As for a video, I cannot comment on a video that I have never seen, or does not exist.”
- Speaking on Tuesday, German leader Angela Merkel said the UK can't expect to keep privileges once it leaves the EU.
- Turkey and Israel signed a deal on Tuesday officially restoring ties between the two countries, Reuters reports.
- It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed. Ready for November? You can register right here 🇺🇸