1. David Layman, a science teacher, and members of the Facebook group “Unofficial Breaking Bad Fan Tour” were inspired to purchase a paid death notice in the Albuquerque Journal for the fictional chemistry teacher turned meth kingpin.
“I’ve been a humongous Breaking Bad fan since the beginning,” Layman told the Journal. “Putting the obit in the paper was fitting, because the series was based in Albuquerque and it provides some of us some closure.”
- White House Press Secretary, Sean Spicer, repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- President Trump signed an executive order that bans foreign organizations that receive US funding from providing abortions.
- Democratic lawmakers say Trump's new hotel in Washington, DC, has lost over $1 million and violates its lease with the government.
- You could be consuming fake news on Snapchat Discover. The app is now making publishers fact-check their content 👻