MLB has announced “Fields Of Fashion,” a series of events geared toward women. From the press release:
The events can feature a range of activities including fashion shows, player visits, live music, giveaways, Fields of Fashion gift bags, manicures by OPI and more. The effort is a partnership between Major League Baseball and a group of its licensees including Nike, 5th and Ocean, Alex and Ani, ‘47 Brand, Dooney & Bourke, Majestic, OPI Nail polish, and more, to create a special event for women out for a night out at the ballpark.
Contrary to what the MLB might think, here are some activities that women actually enjoy during “a night out at the ballpark” besides fashion:
2. Cheering for the team when something good happens.
3. Booing the other team when they do something that hurts your team’s chances of winning.
5. Shootin’ the shit about seasons and players past.
8. Hearing the players’ walk-up songs and forming an opinion on them.
10. Not having to watch commercials.
11. Not having to listen to announcers and commentators.
13. Eating french fries, garlic fries, kettle corn, and peanuts.
14. Drinking beer while sitting outside, sometimes during the mid-afternoon.
15. Attempting to/succeeding in catching foul balls.
16. Catching home run balls.
17. Taking photos of the action.
19. Arriving early to watch batting practice.
20. Enjoying watching people make fools of themselves on dance cam.
21. Getting a tan during day games.
22. Watching the game baseball, all nine innings, whether they win or lose.
- Today is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- Turkish's government has blocked users in the country from visiting Wikipedia, in yet another crackdown on free speech.
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival turned into a total disaster — and it's shows how insane and competitive the industry has become 😱
- A Jimmy John's employee was robbed at gunpoint and video footage shows how chill he was through the whole thing 😂😳