1. Aldon Smith of the 49ers was arrested on charges of “False report of a bomb threat” at LAX.
2. The incident reportedly began when the linebacker got into an argument at the Southwest Airlines ticket counter and was told he would not be allowed on the plane. Smith was soon approached by security and was arrested after saying something about a bomb.
3. The 24-year-old was scheduled to have his hearing regarding a DUI and possession of felony assault weapons charges Sunday, but the court date was moved to April 29th prior to the incident at LAX.
4. Smith was with 49ers cornerback Chris Culliver, who recently pled guilty to a felony charge of possession of brass knuckles and two misdemeanor charges involving a hit and run.
5. The 49ers have since issued a statement on the incident:
“We are disappointed to learn of the incident today involving Aldon Smith. As this is a pending legal matter and we are still gathering the pertinent facts, we will have no further comment.”
7. Smith has been released from LAPD’s Pacific Community Police Station on $20,000 bail.
- H.R. McMaster was due to retire from the Army. Now he holds what could become one of the most powerful positions in Washington.
- Milo Yiannopoulos has resigned from Breitbart News after he was accused of defending pedophilia in an old video.
- Chris Brown was ordered to stay away from his ex-girlfriend after he allegedly threatened to shoot and kill her, court documents show.
- A 2-year-old boy lost a race at school after he spotted his dad and ran to hug him instead of crossing the finish line 👦💨💞