1. Britney was an understudy alongside Natalie Portman when she was 10 years old for the off-Broadway play Ruthless.
2. She has said that if there was ever a movie to be made about her life, Britney would want Natalie Portman to portray her in the film.
3. When Britney was 12 years old, she worked at her dad’s gym, Total Fitness by Jamie, as the coordinator for the aerobics class.
4. She also worked in her great-grandmother’s crawfish restaurant, Granny's Seafood and Deli, waiting tables and working the cash register.
5. Growing up, Britney was a bit of a tomboy, racing go-carts and playing basketball with the neighborhood kids.
6. Before signing with Jive records in 1997 as a solo artist, Britney was almost in the all-female pop group Innosense.
7. Britney's hit single “…Baby One More Time” was originally written for TLC, but they didn't like the lyrics.
8. The music video for "...Baby One More Time" was actually shot at Venice High School, the same school where Grease was filmed.
9. Her aliases for hotel stays include Anita Dick, Alotta Warmheart, and Chastity Montgomery.
10. The astronaut in her "Oops!...I Did It Again" music video is named is Eli Swanson. He is now working as a trauma surgeon in Phoenix.
11. Nigel Dick, the director for the video, says that Britney fought to wear the iconic red jumpsuit. "There was another catsuit, actually, which was fantastic, which I loved, and the night before, I was told that Britney hired this guy that worked with Michael Jackson, and so we're going to use that catsuit. So that's the catsuit."
12. Her song "Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know" was co-written by country star Shania Twain and her husband.
13. Shonda Rhimes, the creator of Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal, wrote Britney's 2001 feature film Crossroads.
14. In June 2002, Britney opened her own New York City restaurant, NYLA. It was named for its mix of New York– and Louisiana-style food.
15. That same year (2002), Britney accidentally started a fire in her brother's NYC apartment, which her mom, Lynn, wrote about on her website. “Brit had left a candle burning in front of an air vent. The wall caught on fire, and the fire department had to come to put it out.”
16. Prior to marrying Kate Middleton, Prince William and Britney sent emails back and forth, but nothing came of it. "He was supposed to come and see me somewhere but it didn't work out."
17. On Jan. 3, 2004, Britney married her childhood friend Jason Alexander at the Little White Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas, but the wedding was annulled in just 55 hours.
18. Although the role of Daisy in Dukes of Hazzard ultimately went to Jessica Simpson, Britney was also up for the part.
19. During the years between In the Zone and Blackout, Britney recorded an entire album, Original Doll. For unknown reasons, the album was never released.
20. She regrets the outfit she wore to the Billboard Awards in 2000. "I wore this orange hat and orange bra and orange booty pants and purple fishnets. Oh, and I had an orange jacket on. I actually thought I looked hot at the time. But, um, I definitely stood out. People were talking about it, but not in a good way."
21. The song "3" by Britney is 3 minutes 33 seconds long.
22. Britney has stated that she hopes her sons, Preston and Jayden, stay away from the entertainment industry. "I think the magnitude of it and the fame thing, I don't think they've really comprehended what that would even be like. Hopefully they never will, because it's kind of much."
23. Lady Gaga originally wrote her duet with Beyoncé, “Telephone,” for Britney, though she passed on the song.
24. She also passed on the song “Umbrella," which was later recorded by Rihanna.
25. She doesn't see the release of her newest album, Glory, as a comeback. "I think I've never really left. I've always been here, so [it's] just like, maybe, a reinvention of myself and just a different time in my life. A really good, glorious time."