2. They addressed all of the people celebrating on the steps of the court after their victory:
We just want to get married because it’s the natural next step in our relationship. We want to join the institution of marriage not to take anything away, but to strengthen it, and to live up to its ideals. So today is a good day.
4. And, then:
Today I finally get to look at the man that I love and finally say, “Will you please marry me?”
6. Watch the video here.
- UK voters sent a massive shock through the world, overturning 40 years of British EU membership.
- Prime Minister David Cameron says he will resign by October.
- British banks got hit hard, and their European peers were hit even harder.
- Scottish leader Nicola Sturgeon says a second independence referendum for Scotland is "highly likely."