3. The note says “I’m sorry but I cannot tip because I do not agree with your lifestyle & the way you live your life.”
The person who left this note was a mother sitting with two children. Morales, who sent this in to Have A Gay Day, says that the woman said, “Oh I thought you were gonna say your name is Dan. You sure surprised us,” when Morales told them her name was Dayna.
4. Morales, who is a former Marine, said she was “THOROUGHLY offended mad pissed off and hurt that THIS is what her kids will grow up learning.”
“Sorry lady but I don’t agree with YOUR lifestyle and the way you’re raising your kids but you didn’t see me throwing that in your face and giving you shitty service,” she wrote. “Keep your damn mouth shut and pray we never cross paths again.”
6. Just a few weeks ago, a waiter in Kansas was also denied a tip along with a homophobic note.
7. Update, Monday 3:40p.m. — Since the incident went public, Morales has received donations of up to $2,000.
LGBT Nation reports that one family drove from New York to donate $20 each, the rough equivalent of a 20 percent tip on the original check. She has decided to donate this money to the Wounded Warriors Project.
Morales’ employer has decided to match every donation to the cause.
8. Update, Tuesday Nov. 26th, 11:00a.m — A couple claiming to be the family served by Morales, with an identical copy of the receipt that shows a tip, has stepped forward to refute the claim that they denied a tip or wrote an anti-gay note.
- Hidden from public view, there's a parallel legal universe that empowers corporations to bend countries to their will, an investigation reveals.
- Beyoncé slayed her "Lemonade" performance at the MTV VMAs Sunday night 👸🐝
- Fitbit has announced two new versions of the super-popular Charge HR and Flex, marking the first time that it has reimagined any of its existing devices ⌚️