3. The note says “I’m sorry but I cannot tip because I do not agree with your lifestyle & the way you live your life.”
The person who left this note was a mother sitting with two children. Morales, who sent this in to Have A Gay Day, says that the woman said, “Oh I thought you were gonna say your name is Dan. You sure surprised us,” when Morales told them her name was Dayna.
4. Morales, who is a former Marine, said she was “THOROUGHLY offended mad pissed off and hurt that THIS is what her kids will grow up learning.”
“Sorry lady but I don’t agree with YOUR lifestyle and the way you’re raising your kids but you didn’t see me throwing that in your face and giving you shitty service,” she wrote. “Keep your damn mouth shut and pray we never cross paths again.”
6. Just a few weeks ago, a waiter in Kansas was also denied a tip along with a homophobic note.
7. Update, Monday 3:40p.m. — Since the incident went public, Morales has received donations of up to $2,000.
LGBT Nation reports that one family drove from New York to donate $20 each, the rough equivalent of a 20 percent tip on the original check. She has decided to donate this money to the Wounded Warriors Project.
Morales’ employer has decided to match every donation to the cause.
8. Update, Tuesday Nov. 26th, 11:00a.m — A couple claiming to be the family served by Morales, with an identical copy of the receipt that shows a tip, has stepped forward to refute the claim that they denied a tip or wrote an anti-gay note.
- Republicans have breathed new life into their once dead Obamacare replacement and it may be enough to get the bill through the House.
- People are calling the Trump administration's new "criminal alien" hotline to report how they've been victimized by space aliens 👽☎️
- Sebastian Gorka couldn't make it as a national security expert in Hungary, but that's not stopping him from advising President Trump.
- Chipotle is finally adding dessert to its menu and cinnamon, honey, and caramel butter dipping sauce will be involved 😋