3. The initiative introduces a Diversity and Inclusion Board, a Chief Diversity Officer, and participation in the Corporate Equality Index.
The announcement included this quote from the CEO of the company, Claudio Colzani. “Diversity, inclusion and equality have long been grounded in Barilla’s culture, values and code of conduct. They are reflected in our policies and the benefits we provide to all employees, regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation. At the same time, we are committed to promoting diversity further because we firmly believe that it’s the right thing to do.”
4. In addition to these steps, Barilla will hold an online contest in 2014 that is centered in diversity.
Entrants will be asked to create short videos that represent the multifaceted nature of pasta, which will be submitted to the web community to be liked, shared and voted. The videos will be then judged by an expert panel and the winners will receive awards.
- Fake news fools most Americans who read it—and Facebook is a major source, a BuzzFeed News survey has found 📰❌
- A refrigerator is being eyed as the possible origin of the fire at an Oakland warehouse party that killed 36 people, a law enforcement official said.
- Some talking dolls might be sharing kids' personal info with a company that contracts with the US Army 👭📡
- An adorable 3-year-old boy proudly covered his kitchen with carrots in the greatest carrot heist of all time 😂👏