3. However, some people in Russia aren’t too happy about that.
4. Yuri Ageshchev, coordinator of the Union of Orthodox Brotherhoods in Russia, has asked authorities to ban the concert.
According to the Moscow Times, Ageshchev said:
The statement by this gay guy — Elton John — about his support for gays and other perverts during the upcoming concert in Moscow is an insult to all Russian citizens. It also makes a mockery of our recently enacted law against the public propaganda of gay ideas.
5. Ageshchev called the performance an “amoral sabbath.”
6. The Ural Parent Committee, an anti-gay organization, also wrote an open letter to Putin calling for people to avoid the concert.
The singer is going to speak in support of the sodomites, and against the current Russian legislation aimed at protecting minors. Also, Elton John during his interview with the media openly hinted at the possibility of a boycott of the Russian stars of the world of show business, loyal to the unconventional love. We believe that the so-called gay boycott against Russia … will only benefit […] the vast majority of our citizens who honor traditional family values, Russian culture, healthy relationship between a man and a woman. [The] Statement of the artist is not only an insult to the citizens of the Russian Federation, but also […] the authority of government [and] legislation to ban gay propaganda in the country.
- Mall of America, the largest mall in the country, is hosting its first ever black Santa 🎅🏿