1. We all know singer Janelle Monáe has a thing for androids.
Janelle Monáe writes her albums about them, partially for political reasons. She said in an interview that she chose an android as her topic because it represents “‘the other’ in our society […] The android represents the new other to me.”
2. In fact, she writes what she knows. She is part android:
Yes I am African-American, yes I am part android and all these different things, but at the end of the day love is universal and music is universal.
7. Her “love for androids” may be an attempt to avoid labels on her sexuality.
She’s stated, “I don’t believe in categories. I respect people for who they are, and I’m attracted to that more than anything.” She also wonders how we will treat androids in the future, whether we will shun them or use them, and that is what her albums have been written about.
- Donald Trump criticized NATO, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, and the European Union in an interview published Sunday.
- BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.
- Eight billionaires — all men — together own as much wealth as the world's poorest 3.7 billion people, a new report has revealed.
- There's a new HBO show called "The Young Pope" and the internet is having fun with it.