1. Robyn — “U Should Know Better” ft. Snoop Dogg
2. Jessie J — “Do It Like A Dude”
Also, this happens, so.
So many reasons to watch this video. There are literally no men in this entire video about doing “it” like one. Only fine, fine ladies.
3. Eurythmics — “Who’s That Girl”
Seeing Annie Lennox looking this feminine is already sort of surprising, since she’s usually androgynous:
She looks great in that dress though. Get it, girl.
But Annie in drag shows up at the very end:
And then this totally realistic-looking kiss happens.
Hey, if I were Annie Lennox, I’d do it too.
4. Ciara — “Like A Boy”
5. Beyonce — “If I Were A Boy”
She switches up gender roles and plays the cop to her boyfriend’s secretary, and it’s super hot.
I mean, check it out:
She also helps Guy Cop practice shooting, because she knows silly men can’t shoot guns.
This particular moment really solidifies how we all feel about her in this video:
6. Lady Gaga — “You and I”
But they get (she gets?) a little more intimate, à la Eurythmics.
In fact, Jo looks an awful lot like Annie Lennox in drag. Eyebrows raised, Lady Gaga.
7. Pink — “Blow Me (One Last Kiss)”
Everything is pretty straight until she rolls up in the club like this:
That slicked-back hair really does it for her. She is quite the dandy.
And finds this girl and starts dancing with her:
They look eerily similar, but no judgement here.
Get it, girl.
Of course, femme girl ruins Pink’s life by marrying her boyfriend or something, but we can just revel in the beauty of them dancing together for now.
8. Missy Elliot — “Work It”
She totally refuses to be objectified in, like, any music video, but also in this one.
Missy has no time to get pampered at a beauty salon.
And she hollers at a guy in his car:
Which, let’s face it, is definitely a role reversal. In the music video she also whines and dines a man.
Here she is with a bunch of basically naked girls just chillin in her butch outfit:
I see you, Missy.
And then these men are more objectified than she is.
Yeah, Missy Elliot turned that gaze on the men. Bow. Down.
And here’s one more crotch grab:
Who are your favorite female musicians who defy gender?
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- Less than 24 hours after AT&T announced an $85 billion deal to buy Time Warner, politicians are expressing skepticism and opposition.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.