2. The law went into effect today, finally opening the doors to same-sex couples to be married.
3. First of all, Lynley Bendall and Ally Wanikau got married in an airplane.
They had won a competition with Air New Zealand, and, as a result, said their vows 39,000 feet in the air.
4. Jesse Tyler Ferguson was there.
6. And made sure everyone knew New Zealand is the prettiest place in the entire world:
8. And Jesse Tyler Ferguson’s husband, Justin Mikita, apparently got to co-pilot the plane.
9. And then the couple ate a delicious-looking cake.
10. This couple, Natasha Vitali and Melissa Ray, were also super adorable.
11. And they got married at a Unitarian church.
12. And they took a rainbow-outfitted carriage to their reception.
13. Paul McCarthy and Trent Kandler were flown to New Zealand from Australia to get married.
14. They had these adorable cake toppers:
16. The competition was intended to draw in more tourists from Australia, where same-sex marriage is not legal.
17. OK YOU CAN STOP BEING SO CUTE NOW.
Actually, no, never stop.
- Donald Trump's home near Washington, DC has security cameras inside and out, monitored from New York, insiders say.
- DNA techniques from human criminal investigations are being used on black bears and can now reveal whether a bear is innocent.
- Explorers have discovered the world's deepest known underwater cave in the Czech Republic, with a depth of at least 1,325 feet.