1. Until 10 years ago, there were still laws in some states that made consensual gay sexual contact explicitly illegal.
In 1998, two men named John Lawrence and Tyron Garner were arrested in Texas for having sex. The officers came to Lawrence’s home after receiving a false report that they had a weapon. The police did not search the home, but simply arrested them for homosexual conduct.
4. Today, ten years later, the Supreme Court struck down DOMA across the country.
Read more about the anti-sodomy laws at Lambda Legal.
- The former Miss Universe pageant winner who Donald Trump called fat says he treated her "like trash." Now, she's fighting back.
- Senate Republicans said that Donald Trump should have attacked Hillary Clinton on the email scandal and Benghazi during Monday's debate.
- Facebook keeps removing political content without reason. It recently disabled several Palestinian journalists' accounts.