1. The Lottery explores a scenario where women have mysteriously stopped reproducing, and humans are facing extinction.
2. It's a world completely bereft of babies, and it's terrifying.
3. In 2019, the last six children on Earth were born, one of which is Elvis.
4. Because he's one of the last, everyone (including the government) is extremely protective of him.
5. That is until Dr. Alison Lennon, a fertility specialist, successfully fertilized 100 embryos.
6. The celebrations are short-lived when the government shows up to completely take over the research.
7. And what does the government plan on doing with the miracle embryos?
8. Yes, the women of the United States will be entered in a lottery to see who will be the surrogate to these embryos.
9. However, Alison will do whatever it takes to get back those eggs and do what's right.
She will let absolutely nothing get in the way.