1. The Role Hunt
The day begins and you comb through every casting site there is, even at times resorting to Craigslist if you are truly desperate.
This also includes looking at the breakdowns…wait, isn’t that against the law?
Could it be? OMG this is you. You are this character!
4. To Call or Not to Call
Should you call your agent? Nah, you don’t want to bother them. But this time the role is perfect right? No, they are very busy…
Eh, what the hell. You give them a call.
and plead your case.
Turns out they were busy…
Now you wait. There is A LOT of this.
9. You Get the Audition!
This rarely happens, so you celebrate.
Wait, you actually have to do this now…
The material is not quite what you expected.
OK. You’ve put in the prep work and are ready to rock it.
You rehearse passionately in the car during the drive to the audition and one last time before you head in.
14. Audition Time!
You come in and immediately size up your competition.
Is that your nemesis? What the hell are they doing here?!
So you say hello and then wish them well.
But really you mean this…
More waiting as they are running behind schedule.
This is how your audition goes.
“Great. Thanks for coming in.”
You leave and play it cool.
Then immediately do the whole audition again in the car they way you wish it had gone.
24. The Aftermath of the Audition
So, how did it go?
Then it begins…
As if by design you run into a fellow actor friend who tells you how excited they are about the role they just booked.
Why does the world hate you?
Now you start to question your entire profession and what you have dedicated your life to.
So you turn to food.
Your friends and family try to support and help you.
At long last you go to sleep and comfortably put the audition behind you.
Scenario 1: Suddenly the phone rings and it’s your agent or casting.
You booked it!
You knew it all along and were never really worried.
Scenario 2: You don’t hear back.
But hey, tomorrow is another day.
39. And now it’s time to do all that over again because there is nothing else in this world you would rather do than be an actor!
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- The chairman of the National Governors Association said Trump has promised only criminals will deported and random spot checks won't be conducted.
- The trans sister of a Trump inauguration singer must be allowed to use the restroom that fits her gender ID, a judge ruled.
- The suspect in a Kansas shooting that left an Indian man dead thought he was shooting Iranians, and the FBI is investigating as a possible hate crime.
- Elon Musk announced that his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝