1. Meet Kirsty and Clara
My Two Mums
On our way to the @MadBlogAwards !!!! So excited :)
2. And their baby!
My Two Mums
@BBCCiN Our little man made Pudsey Ears today at Nursery for #CiN
They adorably call him “Monkey” on their blog, My Two Mums.
4. Ikea customers in 25 countries will get a share of this cuteness in the December issue of Ikea Family Live magazine. But no cuteness for Russian Ikea shoppers.
In June, Russia passed a law prohibiting the “promotion of non-traditional sexual relationships to minors,” a provision known as the “homosexual propaganda law.” Ikea, which has been a corporate leader in featuring gay couples in its advertising, decided Kirsty and Clara’s family was too risky for Russia.
“We have based the decision on discussions with our own Russian legal team and also taken advice from external Russian legal expertise,” Ikea spokeswoman Ylva Magnusson told BuzzFeed.
So Russian Ikea shoppers won’t get to read this feature about how sharing a small space — with help from Ikea furniture, of course — made their family closer.
6. Ikea wasn’t afraid of a conservative backlash in the U.S. when it made history with the first major TV ad featuring a gay couple in 1994.
It kept the ad on the air despite a call for a boycott, only pulling it down after a bomb threat was made against a store in Hicksville, N.Y.
But Ikea Magnusson told the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet that today, “We have two guiding principles in the communication we distribute from Ikea. The first is home interior design. The second is following the law.”
- Donald Trump, who wrote a book about his ability to get deals done, lost in his highest stakes negotiation yet — the battered GOP health care bill.
- A viral Instagram post falsely claimed 14 black girls went missing over 24 hours in Washington, DC, but that doesn't mean there isn't a problem. Now lawmakers are taking action.
- Apple says a hacking group that's threatening to wipe hundreds of millions of iPhones has not breached its iCloud system 📱
- Hi Stranger: A bizarre short film featuring a naked mumbling figurine is making everyone on the internet uncomfortable 🙃