1. In 1952, the Kroger Food Foundation wanted to see what would happen it gave kids ages 6-10 free reign of a grocery store. Would they rack up a huge bill? Go straight for the candy?
2. Most of them went for household staples like “produce” and “poultry” whatever those boring things are. This kid picked up some dog food. Why? He said, “I like dog food.”
3. The boys were slightly more extravagant than the girls. Taking inflation into account, the boys spent the equivalent of about $76 while the girls spent about $64.
- U.S. President Barack Obama said that world leaders at the G7 summit are "rattled" by the rise of Donald Trump — and rightly so.
- The UK will be the first country to issue letters for same-sex couples abroad to ensure their next-of-kin rights are upheld.
- And these Syrians have returned home after surviving the siege that destroyed Homs, the third-largest city in the country.