1. This is McKenzie, a 12-year-old girl living with a mitochondrial disease.
There is no cure yet for mitochondrial diseases, and they are often fatal.
3. In McKenzie’s latest pageant, she chose to do a dance routine.
4. With some help from her dad.
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- Yalla! You can now download a new Arab emoji keyboard that includes a belly dancer, Oman Chips, and more 👏