1. Here’s a 13-year-old Anastasia. You know, the youngest Romanov who was thought to have escaped her family’s execution? (Well, this has been disproved.)
Still, her life has been surrounded by myth and legend (thanks also to that 1997 animated movie which was AWESOME). Let’s take a closer look at just how haunting this photo is, which was taken in 1914.
2. Anastasia sent this photo along with a letter. She wrote: “I took this picture of myself looking at the mirror. It was very hard as my hands were trembling.”
3. What is that creepy, ghostly figure? Is it a sheet? Or someone else caught in the exposure?
4. Where is she? A kitchen? This room looks so normal and ordinary, definitely not like it belongs in a royal palace.
5. This face. What are you thinking???
No one will ever know.
- Golf legend Arnold Palmer has died at 87. Known as "The King," his unusual style and charisma changed the game.
- Monday night's US presidential debate may be the last hope for environmental activists who want climate in the national conversation.
- US officials have determined al-Qaeda likely influenced suspected New York City bomber Ahmad Khan Rahami.