1. This 1839 photo is believed to be the first instance of self-portrait photography.
The subject is Robert Cornelius, a chemist who was into photography as a hobby. To take it, he would have removed the lens cap from the camera, run to pose for one minute, then run back to the camera to cover up the lens.
Not quite the same process as sticking your phone in front of your face, but a selfie nevertheless.
- Despite Democrats threatening to filibuster, Republicans are confident Neil Gorsuch will be confirmed to the Supreme Court by the end of next week.
- Let the Brexit countdown begin: Prime Minister Theresa May has invoked Article 50. Britain is set to leave the EU by 2019.
- "We are the press who is under attack," says April Ryan, the veteran journalist who was scolded by Sean Spicer during a heated White House briefing.
- The US House of Representatives voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information 💻