Jeopardy host Alex Trebek was the victim of a hilarious practical joke, pulled off by the show, TV Bloopers and Practical Jokes. In this 1991 episode, Alex is invited to “the first Trebekkie Convention” — actually filled with actors playing Alex’s biggest fans — and the setup/dialog is so perfectly plausible, that it’s maybe the funniest thing ever.
2. In a mock round of Jeopardy, Alex finds out what the answer to the clue “1985” is — the year he built his house.
3. And then a heated debate occurs over the number 1,540 — is it the aired episodes to date or taped?
4. Check out the full prank here, which begins at about 0:38.
- Authorities removed Dakota Access pipeline protesters blocking roads and camped on private property.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀