1. Here’s a British news segment from the 1970s exploring a new trend — platform shoes.
2. This new style of footwear was apparently quite shocking at the time.
3. And quite divisive. Certain people thought they were detrimental to your health.
4. While others thought they were great fun for all sorts of people. Here’s a young fan explaining the varied demographic:
6. Check out the entire segment on platform shoes here:
- A draft of a plan to repeal Obamacare was released that'll block federal funds from Planned Parenthood and cut healthcare benefits granted under the law.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant who was allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes in the US.
- Time to change your passwords: Uber and Fitbit are among the millions of websites that may have been compromised 🔐
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀