22 Things You Never Noticed In "Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory"
Got a Golden Ticket?
1. Apparently the candy shop owner's name is Bill.
2. The candy shop also stocks the Slugworth brand.
3. Here's another Wonka competitor: Fickelgrubers.
4. This creepy guy is actually reciting from William Allingham's poem, The Fairies.
5. The teacher's name is only said once, and it's easy to miss: Mr. Turkentine.
6. You might have missed the humor in this moment as a child — check out this dude's antlers.
7. We see Charlie's grandmother working on knitting the scarf that he later receives as a present on his birthday.
8. Although there's English signage planted in this fictional European town, you catch glances of German on advertisements.
9. When Charlie comes in the candy store to buy a Wonka bar, the clock reads 3:30, which would be an accurate time for a post-school snack.
10. Here's a close-up of the Golden Ticket. One thing to consider — Wonka had already set the date of the factory tour. How did he know all the tickets would be found by October 1?
11. Did anyone even consider what happened to Charlie's dad? His mother certainly has a lot on her plate, taking care of her parents AND her in-laws.
12. And did you ever notice how Wonka's cane is so bendy?
13. This contract is actually pretty boring except for the first clause.
14. Did you notice that only the children sign the contract?
15. Ever notice the hidden W on this door?
16. Wow. Grandpa Joe has eerily long pinky nails.
17. Check out this cool double-pronged key Wonka uses to open the Inventing Room.
18. Among all the weirdness in the Inventing Room, something you might not have noticed is this rack of bicycle (?) wheels.
19. ButterSCOTCH and ButterGIN.
This is briefly referenced, but something you might have also missed as a kid.
20. Would Charlie and Grandpa Joe really have died after taking the Fizzy Lifting drink? There's a guard before the fan that Joe is able to hold on to.
21. There's lettering on a lot of the tubing throughout the factory.
22. Mike Teevee's mom's purse becomes white when she enters the Wonka Vision room.
Magic? Or Wonka just thinks of everything.