The website for the Internet Movie Database launched in 1993. Although the early roots of the company began around 1990 via bulletin board groups, an official site launched 20 years ago. According to IMDb’s history page: “In September 1993, the nascent Internet Movie Database Web site launched and was the first site on the Internet dedicated to movies.”
Although research and testing on this antidepressant had been in the works since the ’70s, it wasn’t until 1991 that Pfizer got FDA approval for the drug. Pfizer took Zoloft to market in 1992, making this popular happy pill just slightly older than 20.
16. The “Got Milk?” ad campaign
Here’s the original “Got Milk” commercial, the slogan for which was eventually brought to print ads a few years lager.
- President Trump signed executive orders today to advance the Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines, prompting praise from pro-Trump unions.
- Mark Zuckerberg denied rumors that he might run for president, telling BuzzFeed News, "I'm focused on building our community at Facebook."
- Press Secretary Sean Spicer at today's White House briefing defended Trump's claim that millions of people voted illegally—but he cited a debunked study.
- And the 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture are "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," "Hidden Figures," "Hacksaw Ridge," "Manchester by the Sea," "Lion," "Fences," and "Hell or High Water" 🎥 🎬