The website for the Internet Movie Database launched in 1993. Although the early roots of the company began around 1990 via bulletin board groups, an official site launched 20 years ago. According to IMDb’s history page: “In September 1993, the nascent Internet Movie Database Web site launched and was the first site on the Internet dedicated to movies.”
Although research and testing on this antidepressant had been in the works since the ’70s, it wasn’t until 1991 that Pfizer got FDA approval for the drug. Pfizer took Zoloft to market in 1992, making this popular happy pill just slightly older than 20.
16. The “Got Milk?” ad campaign
Here’s the original “Got Milk” commercial, the slogan for which was eventually brought to print ads a few years lager.
- Trump's pick for education secretary, Betsy DeVos, could face a contentious confirmation hearing — at least by standards of the position.
- Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit: no single market, parliamentary vote on the final deal, and a warning to the EU not to punish the UK.
- At least 40 Democratic lawmakers are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- Most hate crimes go unreported. Help BuzzFeed News and other news outlets document hate crimes and harassment in the US.