1. Attending a funeral in Cairo.
2. Here’s a wedding procession in Helwan, a city just south of Cairo.
3. Beggars and locals at a sidewalk cafe in the Place De L’Opera in Cairo.
4. Passing through Bab Zuweila, a medieval gate in Cairo, dating back to the Ottoman empire.
5. This is how you got around in Egypt in 1910.
6. The Kalaoun Mosque in Cairo, built in the early 14th century.
7. Laundry hanging in a Cairo street.
8. The entrance of Cairo’s El Akmar mosque, built in 1125!
9. Men walk down a street in Cairo.
10. A bazaar/market in Cairo.
11. A covered Cairo side street.
12. Selling soft drinks in Helwan.
13. Street vendors in Helwan.
14. People attend an Arabic folk festival.
15. Prostitutes at Cairo’s fish market.
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- The ACLU is suing the city of Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- #Peggygate: West Elm offers full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website and stores👏