1. Michelle Williams as Jen Lindley
Michelle was so, so good playing Jen, the “fast-moving” city girl with immensely huge brains. She was also good in all her other roles post-Dawson: Brokeback, Blue Valentine, Take This Waltz. Her Louis Vuitton ad campaign from earlier this year was also drop-dead-gorg. Round of applause for a lovely, growing career.
2. Joshua Jackson as Pacey Witter
Where has Pacey Witter been? ’90s girls haven’t been the same since he left The WB. Pacey’s done a bunch of movies you probably haven’t heard of, but he’s found success in his role as Peter Bishop on Fringe. Oh, and he married Diane Kruger, who seems like a very nice lady.
3. Katie Holmes as Joey Potter
Katie Holmes went on to marry Tom Cruise. She is no longer married to Tom Cruise.
4. Kerr Smith as Jack McPhee
Did you know brother Jack was in Cruel Intentions 3?! Did you know that there was a Cruel Intentions 3? In 2011, he was in Final Destination 5 with an uncredited cameo and his latest film work appears to be an AMERICAN GIRL MOVIE (?!) called An American Girl: Saige Paints the Sky.
5. Mary Beth Peil as Grams
Since Dawson’s, Grams (sorry, not gonna call you by your real name because you are Grams) has been doing regular theater work. But you may have also seen her playing Chris Noth’s mom on The Good Wife?
6. Meredith Monroe as Andie McPhee
Did you know Meredith was TWENTY NINE YEARS OLD when she played Andie? I know. Anyhow, since the ’90s, she’s done a handful of movies (again, never heard of most of them), and had guest appearances on the usual rotation of shows — NCIS, Psych, CSI, Bones, The Closer.
7. James Van Der Beek as Dawson Leery
Dawson, you look great! I mean, I’ll always prefer the middle part, but I can see why you got rid of it. Anyhow, you were a genius on Don’t Trust the B—— in Apartment 23, PLAYING YOURSELF. Shame the show was canceled. Please play yourself in the next TV show you do. And by yourself, I mean Dawson.
8. Busy Philipps as Audrey Liddell
After Dawson’s Busy did some romantic comedy work, most notably in He’s Just Not That Into You and appeared in episodes of Entourage, How I Met Your Mother, Community, and Arrested Development. She also had a recurring role on that television show about drunk women called Cougar Town. But what is more exciting is that she was apparently on a recent episode of Drunk History. Which I will go watch now.
::CUE PAULA COLE MUSIC::
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A group of UK Uber drivers have won the right to minimum wage in a case that could have huge implications for the "gig economy" 🚘
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀