1. Here’s a photo from 1923. This woman is wearing a bumper belt which prevents her from getting to close to her dance partner.
Some women would wear this belt while doing a dance called the “Bunny Hug,” which is thought to have originated in San Francisco. (This was during the time that jive and ragtime music was popular, and the trend of cheek-to-cheek dancing was emerging.) The Bunny Hug was perceived as quite indecent. At least, to old people. Old people are so un-fun.
- The LAPD says it won't work with the feds on deportations — but it already does.
- UK intelligence chief says he's worried by rival countries' attempts to undermine democracy through propaganda, cyberattacks.
- The 36 victims in the Oakland warehouse fire were trapped with "no way out" in America's deadliest blaze in over a decade.
- People are mad at Jennifer Lawrence for telling a story about rubbing her butt on sacred Hawaiian rocks.