1. This colorful French mani offers just the teeniest, tiniest bit of festivity.
5. Love the homemade look of these Valentine’s nails — they look just like classic sendables!
8. An easier alternative to free-hand nail art: Hex’s gold-plated nail charms start at $1.50 each.
Check out Hex’s Valentine’s Day collection here.
11. Take it back to high school and try out a look like this with a thin-tipped marker.
12. These reverse hearts are easy enough to manage.
If you can’t freehand them, you can try the hole punch sticker trick — see #6 — you might have to reposition and maneuver them a bit.
14. Another take on the heartbeat design, with some added flair.
15. Aww! It apparently is possible for a manicure to say, “I can’t live without you.”
23. If nail art intimidates you, you can always opt for a coat of classic red. As for that tiny heart, you could even try drawing it in with a metallic calligraphy pen after your nails dry.
25. Another way to do something unique: Create words in an unexpected font.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, was grilled by Democrats over his time leading a mortgage company that carried out over 36,000 foreclosures.
- Senegal says it has sent troops into Gambia in an attempt to remove President Yahya Jammeh, who has refused to step down since losing reelection in December.
- Rick Perry, who famously wanted to abolish the Energy Department, said at his confirmation hearing to lead the Energy Department he now rejects "recommending its elimination."
- A majority of American adults get news from Facebook, according to a new survey by BuzzFeed, but only 18% of respondents said they trusted news from Facebook. ✋ 📰