Say What? Karaoke was an MTV show that first aired in 1998. In the early years, Dave Holmes hosted the competition, but in later incarnations, Joey McIntyre and Danielle Fishel served as hosts. It was a karaoke competition for REAL PEOPLE. So, like, basically a TV show where everyone thinks they are an awesome singer, but NO ONE CAN SING FOR SHIT.
Let us examine why this show was just so painful:
17. But perhaps the most awkward is when hardcore wannabes met the people they were impersonating. “Oh hi, I’m no one and I’m going to sing your song and it will stink.” “Oh hi, I’m Marc McGrath and don’t you dare think you’re better than me.”
Then Mark McGrath has to be all, “OMG man, you were so good … ” ::Crosses his fingers behind his back::
In conclusion: Let us thank the gods that Say What? Karaoke is no longer on the air. Our eardrums may have been damaged in the early 2000s, but now they are saved.
- Four people were arrested after Trump supporters and protesters clashed during a "Make America Great Again" rally in California.
- One person has been killed and at least 14 injured after a Cincinnati nightclub shooting early Sunday. Police are looking for one suspect.
- The deadly Westminster attack that left four people dead Wednesday began and ended within 82 seconds, police said Saturday.
- Heads up, Harry Potter fans. You can now get Butterbeer ice cream at your grocery store 🍦✨