1. Here is a Lord and Taylor ad that appeared in a 1980 issue of New York magazine.
The great “rare parrot sweater” trend of 1980 is an elusive one. Here is what we know:
- These “exclusive parrots” were the talk of the town.
- The pullovers were hand-knit.
- The sweaters dazzled in white.
- They were also emblazoned by the “brightest birds in captivity.”
The rest remains a mystery…
- Verizon and unions representing 39,000 workers have reached an agreement that should end the largest U.S. strike in since 2011.
- Never mind the $10 million: Donald Trump now says he won't debate "second place finisher" Bernie Sanders.
- No, France has not banned people from sending work emails after hours – no matter how much we all want to believe it 🇫🇷 ✉️