1. Here is a Lord and Taylor ad that appeared in a 1980 issue of New York magazine.
The great “rare parrot sweater” trend of 1980 is an elusive one. Here is what we know:
- These “exclusive parrots” were the talk of the town.
- The pullovers were hand-knit.
- The sweaters dazzled in white.
- They were also emblazoned by the “brightest birds in captivity.”
The rest remains a mystery…
- The enemy within: Civilians are caught in the crossfire as Iraqi troops move closer to Mosul and face fears of ISIS.
- Police are investigating after someone destroyed Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk Of Fame star with a sledgehammer early Wednesday.
- Here's what European cities are offering to convince London's banks, companies, and entrepreneurs to move post-Brexit🍷🌞
- And Millie Bobby Brown — Eleven from "Stranger Things" — looks badass on her first magazine cover ✨