1. Who is Papa Elf talking to in the opening scene?
2. How come there aren't more careers for elves?
3. What happened when the orphanage discovered Buddy's empty crib in the morning?
Losing a child is a pretty big deal. Did the nun who put him to bed get fired? (Can you fire nuns?)
4. Why can't the elves make Buddy human-sized things?
5. What is a "cotton-headed ninny-muggins"?
6. How did Buddy's mom, Susan Wells, die? :(
7. How does Buddy survive his journey to NYC when he travels on foot, with no shelter, and no food?
8. Speaking of which...what was Buddy's path? Where is the Sea of Swirly Twirly Gum Drops? Off the coast of Canada?
9. Is Buddy malnourished? Because this is apparently what he grew up eating.
Furthermore, how is he a) not obese and b) apparently in possession of a healthy set of teeth?
10. Does Buddy ever wash his elf clothes?
11. What are South Pole elves like?
Clearly, South Pole elves have more of a temper. What's their beef?
12. How is Jovie able to afford living in Manhattan on a department store elf salary?
13. Is this man in the red hat some crazy stalker?
14. Isn't Jovie kind of the mentally imbalanced one?
People at first think Buddy has some psychological damage...but actually, we realize he has an excuse for his childish behavior considering the circumstances of his childhood. Jovie, on the other hand, is somehow attracted to a man who thinks he's an elf.
15. How is everyone in New York watching NY1 at the same time on Christmas Eve?
16. Once Santa leaves NYC — fully powered by Christmas spirit on the Clausometer — will his sleigh still fly?
Because the whole world can't be watching NY1...right? What happens when he flies over New Jersey where there's no Christmas spirit?