1. Here’s a snap from 1972, during a Tokyo railway strike, which crowded trains so much, some had to exit through windows. Weeee!
2. However, rush hour in Tokyo can be insane nevertheless. Here’s just a normal morning in 1970.
3. Here at Tokyo’s Shinjuku station, these guys are actually professional “pushers.”
4. They are literally tasked with shoving people onto the train. This is apparently even harder in the winter months when everyone wears bulky coats.
5. Not sure which is worse — being the pusher or pushee?
6. GET IN! IN I SAY!
7. Excuse me, sir? Could you suck it in? Suckkkkk.
8. Baby ostensibly not on board.
11. And here.
12. And here. This looks like so much fun.
- A Cincinnati zoo is defending its decision to kill a gorilla after a boy fell into an exhibit.
- Former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said Edward Snowden performed a "public service" leaking surveillance secrets.
- The GOP spent years building a Latino outreach project. Now Republicans worry it died with Donald Trump's nomination.