1. AT&T’s “You Will” promised a high-tech future…
In the ’90s, AT&T ran a campaign imagining the future of technology, and some of it was stunningly accurate — iPad-like devices, Skype-ish capabilities, personal GPS devices. One of the ideas, they said, would come would be a “strap-on telephone.”
3. A screenshot from an AT&T commercial…you’d be so James Bond with that thing!
4. Here’s one of the “You Will” commercials, featuring this fancy doo-dad:
5. We haven’t quite caught on yet…
Looks like this was one AT&T idea that wouldn’t really be a part of our future. At least, not yet. There have been rumors and speculation that Apple is producing an iWatch (which folks think would be more of a wearable computer-y thing). Or perhaps you heard the buzz about a Kickstarter campaign for something called the Pebble, a wrist device that syncs up with your phone’s apps/delivers notifications, but doesn’t do calls. More recently, there’s a Kickstarter for something called the HOT Watch, which would actually let you take calls just by holding your hand to your ear.
You broke your promise, AT&T!
- The suspect wanted for killing 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub on New Years Day has been captured, Turkish media reports.
- At least 31 Democrats are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- Umm. Over half of the population across 22 countries believe their system is failing and rigged, a new poll says 🌎🤔
- Spencer's is getting flooded with criticism for selling "Grab America By The Pussy" shirts, which many are saying normalizes sexual assault.