1. You can create vegan buttermilk by adding vinegar to any non-dairy milk.
2. Subsituting non-milk in recipes is easy — just keep proportions the same, and make sure to use the right kind.
3. If you need to replace eggs while baking, flax or chia meal and water mimics the texture perfectly.
4. If you don't have chia, here's a handy guide to egg replacements, most of which use more commonplace ingredients.
5. Craving whipped cream? Refrigerate coconut milk overnight and whip!
6. A weird, but genius and amazingly simple cake hack: Buy "accidentally vegan" cake mix, and replace eggs with soda. It's a miracle.
For some variations, check out Peta's round-up.
7. If you're out of Vegenaise, but have silken tofu in your fridge, you're in luck: Vegan mayo is in your future.
8. You can still use poultry seasoning to make a no-chicken broth.
9. Some of Pillsbury's products are surprisingly vegan. Use their biscuit dough to make delish vegan donuts.
10. Yup! Crescents are also vegan. But you don't have to make dinner rolls — turn them into vegan cinnamon buns.
Get the recipe at Happiest Meals.