3. King Triton from The Little Mermaid: Xenophobic and prone to violent outbursts.
Ariel’s dad calls humans “barbarians” and “dangerous,” but c’mon, maybe if you just had a beer with one of us, you’d see we’re not all that bad. No reason to be so afraid of the unfamiliar. But what’s worse is that he’s an overbearing father who can’t seem to keep all the feels under control. You kind of have to feel for the guy — he lost his wife, has about a billion daughters to parent, and has to run the sea. Recommendation: Take up martial arts and/or yoga.
15. Tinkerbell in Peter Pan: Borderline Personality Disorder
“Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is a serious mental illness marked by unstable moods, behavior, and relationships….Most people who have BPD suffer from: Problems with regulating emotions and thoughts, Impulsive and reckless behavior, Unstable relationships with other people.” [NIMH]
Disclaimer: We’re not doctors. We just work at the Internet.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.