3. King Triton from The Little Mermaid: Xenophobic and prone to violent outbursts.
Ariel’s dad calls humans “barbarians” and “dangerous,” but c’mon, maybe if you just had a beer with one of us, you’d see we’re not all that bad. No reason to be so afraid of the unfamiliar. But what’s worse is that he’s an overbearing father who can’t seem to keep all the feels under control. You kind of have to feel for the guy — he lost his wife, has about a billion daughters to parent, and has to run the sea. Recommendation: Take up martial arts and/or yoga.
15. Tinkerbell in Peter Pan: Borderline Personality Disorder
“Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is a serious mental illness marked by unstable moods, behavior, and relationships….Most people who have BPD suffer from: Problems with regulating emotions and thoughts, Impulsive and reckless behavior, Unstable relationships with other people.” [NIMH]
Disclaimer: We’re not doctors. We just work at the Internet.
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- Countries from around the world have agreed that the Ross Sea in Antarctica will become the world's largest marine protected area.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀